In this edition of Lift Like a Girl TV you’ll get to hear from the wonderful Kellie Davis.
As you likely already know, Kellie is the co-author of the incredible book, Strong Curves. But today we’re not talking about glutes. I invited Kellie to share her knowledge about working out and nutrition before, during, and after pregnancy.
This can be a confusing topic for moms-to-be (or new moms), so we thought this was an important topic to discuss.
In this episode Kellie will share:
- Suggestions for how women should strength train pre-pregnancy
- The importance of nutrition pre-pregnancy
- Strength training during pregnancy
- What to be aware of during each trimester
- How to approach training post-pregnancy
- Tips for the emotional aspect to trying to get your pre-pregnancy body back
And more awesome stuff.
Here’s the video. Enjoy!
Show Notes – Here’s What’s Covered
If you can’t, or just don’t want to, watch the entire episode, use the guide below to scroll to the topics that pertain to you.
- 1:35 – Suggestions for women on how to strength train pre-pregnancy
- 3:25 – The importance of nutrition pre-pregnancy, and some great tips
- 4:35 – If you’re a die-hard athlete, some things to keep in mind
- 5:45 – How to strength train during pregnancy and what to expect during the first trimester
- 8:30 – What to be aware of during the second trimester (joint laxaty, etc) and exercises to avoid
- 10:15 – Why strength training can be more comfortable during pregnancy than other physical activities
- 11:10 – Changes to make to your strength training regimen during the third trimester and the importance of knowing YOUR personal limitations (Kellie referenced a great article by Tony Gentilcore that you can read here).
- 13:15 – Things to be aware of when it comes to joint laxity and flexibility
- 16:45 – How to approach strength training post-pregnancy and the “work backward” approach
- 21:10 – The emotional aspect to getting back your pre-pregnancy body and how you can love your post-pregnancy body and achieve exceptional results
- 23:00 – Great suggestions for how you can enjoy the process of working out post-pregnancy
- 25:00 – Tips for managing life and a healthy lifestyle when you have a newborn and how to adapt your health and fitness regimen
- 26:45 – Nutrition tips during pregnancy and why it’s actually MORE important than fitness
For more fantastic stuff from Kellie and to connect with her, check out:
- Kellie’s website: MotherFitness.com
- The GetGlutes.com membership site
- Get Kellie’s awesome book, Strong Curves: A Woman’s Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body*
*That’s an affiliate link. If you click that link and buy the book, I’ll receive a commission.