What the heck is The Box? you’re likely wondering.
That discussion is covered in Episode 3 of The Nia Shanks Show featuring my very good friend, Marianne Kane. As you’ll hear in the introduction, this episode contributed to my decision to create the new podcast because we venture beyond the typical health and fitness conversation and talk about “real life stuff”.
Marianne and I have had numerous thought provoking (and entertaining!) conversations over the years, and I wanted to share some of it with you.
This episode also lays the ground work for my own contribution to the popular Strong Woman series, which will debut next week. Without further ado, please enjoy this episode where we discuss destroying “the box”, facing fear of what-ifs, and much more.
Use the player above to listen now or …
Show Notes for Episode 3:
- 03:00 – Destroying “the box”.
- 12:30 – The road map to life.
- 14:00 – If we don’t fit into “the box” we ask, What is wrong with me? That is the wrong question.
- 16:40 – Brokenness and perfection.
- 25:00 – The fear of “what if”.
- 27:00 – Accept fear and ask, What am I really afraid of? What is the worst thing that can happen?
- 34:30 – Leaving your comfort zone and facing a worst-case scenario.
Related Article: Still Playing It Safe? Why You Should Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- 36:10 – “What regret would I rather live with?”
- 39:20 – Really ask yourself, What are you truly afraid of? But also ask, What is the best thing that can happen?
- 45:30 – “You mold life, it doesn’t mold you.”
- 47:15 – Failure is not bad.
- 52:00 – We can, and should, keep asking all of these questions as we get older because desires change.
- 53:45 – Marianne ends the show in a way only Marianne can.
Never miss a thing! Want to know when new articles and episodes of the podcast are released? Would you also like a free gift (the Beautiful Badass Mini Course)? Sign up below.