This the is second installment of Best Dang Exercises to Build a Better Body and Be More Awesome of the Train to Be Awesome series.
In the first edition I revealed the Best Dang Exercises for the Chest, Shoulders, Back, and Abs in addition to the criteria for determining which exercises would make the cut.
Today you’ll get the best exercises for the quads, hamstrings, and glutes plus my favorite deadlift variations. Deadlifts are one of the ultimate strength training exercises that will make you more awesome, so they get their own video.
Before you proceed, let’s recap the criteria for exercises that made the cut and can be qualified as the Best Dang Exercises:
- Allows for progressive loading.
- Big, compound exercises that provide most bang for the training buck.
- Most people can learn proper form quickly.
- Most people can perform the exercise safely without a spotter.
- Does the exercise allow you to Train to be Awesome? (e.g. Focusing on the Weight on the Barbell & Not the Scale)
- I must be able to do the exercise(s) in my home gym.
Now that you know what qualifies to receive Best Dang Exercises and Be More Awesome status, let’s jump in.