“Don’t settle for good-enough when you deserve amazing” is one of the statements that remains seared in my mind after having the privilege of chatting with Molly Galbraith on the most recent episode of The Nia Shanks Show.
Molly is an amazing woman and in this episode she shares her contribution to the STRONG Woman Series. She reveals some personal struggles – losing a parent, battling an awkward phase, ending a relationship – and shares how she used those experiences to come out the other side a better, more awesome version of herself.
And, in usual Molly fashion, we have several great laughs throughout this conversation.
I dare you to get through this episode without giggling or being tremendously inspired.
Use the audio player above to listen now or …
Show Notes for Episode 6 with Molly Galbraith:
- 2:00 – Molly’s “awkward phase” and growing up as a child of a politician.
- 8:45 – The actress I think Molly resembles, and her story about meeting her.
- 11:30 – How Molly embraced her uniqueness.
- 16:05 – Molly is a proud proponent of therapy.
- 19:20 – How Molly dealt with weight fluctuations due to life changing events and how she responded to criticism from her colleagues.
- 27:30 – We have to be okay with ourselves first at any shape or size, regardless of where we’re starting. The importance of self-compassion!
Related Article: Fit and Fat Shaming. This Needs to Die. Now.
- 31:35 – Fun break with Molly.
- 33:00 – How to handle Oh Shit! Moments. Molly reveals some of her toughest Oh Shit! moments and how she handled them with poise and determination.
- 36:00 – “Don’t settle for good-enough when you deserve amazing.”
- 39:10 – How these life changing events altered Molly’s perspective on health and fitness.
- 44:00 – Health and fitness should make the rest of your life better. You don’t have to revolve your life around the extremes of health and fitness.
- 44:30 – Molly’s final thoughts and greatest tip.
Want to Support the Show?
I was in awe when a few people asked how they could support the show and keep it running ad free. If you enjoy the show and want to show your support, please consider donating. Even $1 helps, and is greatly appreciated.
You can make a one time or monthly donation. Thank you for your support!