I honestly don’t know if the following recipe can be classified as a legitimate “pudding”, but this is my website and so I’m going to call it pudding nonetheless.
This is a recipe I’ve been meaning to share with you for quite some time, and since Thanksgiving is just a few days away and everyone will have a surplus of pumpkin, I figured now or never.
I usually enjoy this as a “dessert” after my post workout meal. So without further ado, here is a pumpkin protein pudding recipe.
Note –Unfortunately I can’t tell you exactly how much of each ingredient to use because I never measure. But I will provide my best educated guess.
- 1 cup cottage cheese (the brand I buy contains only skim milk, cream and salt)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Half teaspoon cinnamon (I prefer Saigon, and I use a lot)
- 3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder (by far the best tasting vanilla protein powder I have used is Myofusion)
- Pumpkin spice – I haven’t used this yet, but I will try it soon to see if it gives the pudding more of a “pumpkin pie” flavor
- Walnuts or pecans – sometimes I’ll add a handful of nuts to give the pudding more flavor, consistency, and crunch
Just put the cottage cheese, pumpkin, cinnamon and protein powder (and any of the optional ingredients) in a bowl. Mix until it is thoroughly combined. You can also blend the pudding (before adding the nuts, if you choose to do so) with a hand mixer to give it a smoother consistency. I do this sometimes, but I’m usually too impatient.
Once you have it all mixed up, I think you know what to do from there.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Here’s another super delicious, easy to make, high protein recipe – High Protein Cheesecake Bowl.
One more thing before you try the pudding:
To stay up to date with the latest announcements and to share your training questions, videos, and anything else Beautiful Badass worthy, be sure to “Like” the Beautiful Badass fanpage. Just click this link => http://facebook.com/BeautifulBadassFanpage