To be forthright, today’s episode of The Nia Shanks Show has absolutely nothing to do with health and fitness. If you’re here to receive information about working out and eating well, you may want to skip today’s episode.
However, if you’re interested in something personal, raw, and unfiltered, you may enjoy this episode. It’s my contribution to the popular STRONG Woman series.
This episode was recorded a couple months ago. I’ve been hesitant to release it and doing so, frankly, scares the crap out of me. But I was inspired by the phenomenal women who’ve joined me on the show to share their struggles, victories, and life lessons. I felt compelled to do the same.
In short, this episode reveals parts of who I am, above and beyond a health and fitness professional. Some may love it. Others will likely hate it (if past experiences are any indication).
Either way allow me to say … Hello. My name is Nia Shanks. And this is me.
If you haven’t already done so, listen to last week’s episode first. It lays the groundwork for today’s show.
Use the player above to listen now or …
Show Notes for Episode 4 of The Nia Shanks Show:
- 2:30 – Why I decided to contribute to the STRONG Woman Series.
- 11:20 – I was proposed to and one reason I said yes was because I wondered, “Who would ever propose to me again?”
- 15:45 – What a woman “should be” and fitting into the box.
- 18:50 – Brokenness: how to respond when someone constantly tells you you’re broken.
- 25:10 – The interesting story about how Marianne and I first met.
- 36:45 – Why did I share my story?
- 40:50 – One of my mottos: “I’d rather people hate me for who I truly am than love me for something I’m pretending to be”.
- 47:00 – If I could change the past, would I?
Want more real-life stuff?
Check out these articles:
- Still Playing It Safe? Why You Should Get Out of Your Comfort Zone.
- Life Has Oh Shit! Moments. Here’s What to do with Them.
- Stop Letting Fear Hold You Back (Even if You Don’t Realize It Is)
Never miss a thing! Sign up below to join the newsletter.