She is a nutrition ninja.
She has reverence for research.
She is a master of fat loss.
She loves animals.
She can captivate you as you she jams out on her guitar and sings (practically) any song you request.
And, thankfully, I can call her a friend.
I’m referring to the one and only Leigh Peele and she joins me in this week’s educational and most certainly entertaining episode of The Nia Shanks Show.
Leigh discusses what’s wrong, and very right, in health and fitness. We also dive into other (entertaining!) topics and reveal a project Leigh calls You Need to Hear This. Get this in your ears; you’ll be glad you did.
Use the audio player above to listen now or …
Show Notes for Episode 8 with Leigh Peele:
- 2:15 – Leigh’s “new direction” and what’s in store for the future. What she thinks is missing in health and fitness, specifically for women.
- 9:00 – Why proper debates can be exceedingly beneficial. The power of rational thought!
- 15:00 – Some of the current things that are going wrong with the health and fitness industry.
- 23:00 – Health and fitness should not be intimidating.
- 26:00 – What I did that was quite wrong and ridiculous in the past, and why I now view things differently.
- 30:00 – Word association with Leigh Peele.
- 32:00 – What is going very right with the health and fitness industry right now?
- 38:30 – How to weed out fact from fiction in the fitness industry.
- 49:10 – “You need to hear this” from Leigh Peele.
- 54:00 – Speaking truthfully and putting yourself out there is intimidating and scary, but we need to do it.
Want to Support the Show?
I was in awe when a few people asked how they could support the show and keep it running ad free. If you enjoy the show and want to show your support, please consider donating. Even $1 helps, and is greatly appreciated.
You can make a one time or monthly donation. Thank you for your support!