It’s here. It’s finally here! The Nia Shanks Show is live and ready for your listening pleasure.
You’ve known it was coming, and now the time has arrived to put this goodness straight into your brain.
Instead of explaining here why I started the new show, please listen to Episode 1 below. In less than 14 minutes you’ll find out what the show is all about, and what it will do for you. (I also share a short, funny story. Well, I think it’s funny.)
Without further ado, please listen to Episode 1. It’s essentially a welcome to The Nia Shanks Show. I encourage you to listen to it before moving on to Episode 2 with Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon.
Use the player above to listen now or …
Here are the show notes for Episode 1.
- Introduction – Why a new podcast? What will be covered?
- 2:00 – Why is this show a “fresh start”? How will health and fitness play a role in this show?
- Why did I create my own STRONG Woman episode that will be released in the near future?
- 3:30 – What will happen with the STRONG Woman series and how will it benefit you?
- 5:20 – How will The Nia Shanks Show be different from the Lift Like a Girl Podcast? Things changing: topics covered, length of future shows, question and answer segments, how often shows will be released, etc.
- 7:30 – The show will not be serious all the time – we’ll still include some entertaining stories and information … and I share one here. Hopefully it makes you laugh.
- 12:00 – Recap: why this is a new show and the direction it will take.
Now that you know what the show is about, please download Episode 2!
Episode 2 with Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon
Once you’ve listened to Episode 1, please download and listen to Episode 2 with the phenomenal Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon.
What can I say about this show? Only this – get this episode in your ears as soon as possible. You will not be disappointed.
Use the player above to listen now or …
Here are the show notes for this amazing episode with the tremendous Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon.
- 1:15 – A different kind of core stability: how this applies to health and fitness and real life. What does this mean? (Audio got a bit fuzzy for a moment but it gets better!)
- 5:00 – Dr. Krista’s “super secret coaching tip”: to change your outsides you must change your insides.
- 8:15 – Answer the question, Why are you here? And then ask and answer it five more times. This will reveal a deeper awareness of what’s important to you, and it’s okay to not know at first.
- 12:10 – Deep health. What does it mean to be healthy at a deep level? Ask yourself, Am I thriving in all of these areas?
- 15:50 – Change your focus and you may achieve better results. Dr. Krista says for fat loss, “To make your body smaller, make your life bigger.” Enriching your life is important.
- 18:30 – Dr. Krista likes “the Goldilocks approach” to health and fitness.
- 20:00 – “Being in shape is not the point.”
- 21:15 – Life posture: How are you showing up? Who do you think you are?
- 25:40 – When you know who you are and how you’re showing up you can line everything up together. Poor alignment causes poor health.
- 26:20 – Understand your values and priorities. What it means to “have it all” and why Krista thinks it’s a fantasy. You can have, or do, anything but you can’t have or do everything. Sometimes you have to choose A over B.
- 30:30 – Why it’s so important to understand the different levels of control. We have more control over some things than we realize and less control over some things.
- 34:40 – The Awesomeness Based Approach: the 90/10 rule. Focus on strengthening your existing strengths and neutralizing weaknesses.
- 41:10 – Choose the empowering approach. What are your unique abilities?
- 43:40 – How you can discover your strengths.
- 47:25 – Krista’s final message, and you should listen! Concept of self forgiveness and self compassion. Focusing on your strengths with an attitude of compassion and forgiveness works better than anything else. Even if you’re pragmatic you’ll still do better with an attitude of compassion than you will with being a harsh and punitive self critic.
I’d greatly appreciate it if you’d please take a few moments to leave a review on iTunes. Thank you in advance! I look forward to creating more amazing shows for you.
Never miss a thing! If you want to be notified when new articles and episodes of The Nia Shanks Show are released join the newsletter below. You’ll also get the Beautiful Badass Mini Course as a gift.