It’s a term that’s frequently tossed around. We know it’s important to have a positive body image, but what are some steps you can employ to improve your body image or kick it up a few notches?
That’s part of the conversation in today’s episode of The Nia Shanks Show featuring the wonderful Erin Brown.
We discuss how to build a better body image with three steps, the importance of self-worth, and much more.
Use the audio player above to listen now or …
Show Notes for Episode 5 with Erin Brown:
- 0:30 – How to build a better body image, or make yours even better.
- 1:35 – Body image isn’t just about health and fitness. It stems from our life experiences.
- 3:30 – “The Box” (Refer to this episode for details and to download!)
- 4:40 – Own your voice.
- 11:00 – How women can show up, as themselves, unapologetically.
- 16:40 – Name it!
- 18:40 – Give new words. “Be your own cheerleader and not your worst enemy.”
- 31:50 – How trauma affects body image.
- 39:00 – Worth: for ourselves and others. The power of compassion.
- 45:00 – The power of “adventuring.”
- 49:35 – “I love quitting!”
- 54:50 – One final message from Erin.
Want to Support the Show?
I was in awe when a few people asked how they could support the show and keep it running ad free. If you enjoy the show and want to show your support, please consider donating. Even $1 helps, and is greatly appreciated.
You can make a one time or monthly donation with the secure PayPal checkout. Thank you for your support!